I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light Lemon Ricotta Cheese Muffin recipe when I was developing recipes for cottage cheese. Both are excellent recipes!
· 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
· ¾ cup oat flour
· 1/2 cup unrefined granulated sugar
· 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 3/4 cup cottage cheese
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 large egg, lightly beaten
· 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Cottage Cheese Tip: Process cottage cheese in blender or food processor until smooth for better results.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center. Combine cottage cheese and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add cheese mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups.
4. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack
My first round with this recipe I used all oat flour; the muffins turned out really heavy and didn’t taste as good as using a mix of flour.
VARIDESK ANTI-FATIGUE MAT
I also want to share with you my new Varidesk Anti-Fatigue Mat. It’s the perfect complement to my standing desk.
Between commuting to appointments and writing reports, I could log a lot of hours sitting on my keister. But I offset those hours by using a standing desk by Varidesk. I absolutely love this desk and it has helped me fight the effects of “sitting disease” tremendously. I have an adjustable desk which makes alternating between standing and sitting an easy task. You can read about the dangers of “sitting disease” and my full review on my standing desk here.
A couple of months ago, Varidesk began carrying anti-fatigue mats and was generous enough to send me one.
This mat is great! It isn’t too big, so it fits in front of my chair comfortably, without getting in the way. When I raise my desk to stand, the mat provides a soft cushion for my feet. If you’ve ever had to stand for a long period of time on a hard floor, you know that it can cause discomfort in your legs, knees, back and even the shoulders. This mat helps to alleviate those symptoms, helping to control posture and fatigue.
A study from England’s Loughborough University confirms that anti-fatigue mats can have a significant, beneficial impact on the health of workers who must stand for long periods of time.
“Other studies have gone a step further and found that standing for periods longer than 90 minutes can result in even more serious conditions such as circulatory problems that can, in some cases, be irreversible.”
The study also concluded that the use of anti-fatigue mats – mats designed to reduce stresses on the feet and leg when standing for long periods – can help prevent many of these health concerns.
“In fact, the researchers reported ‘statistically significant benefits’ were noted when subjects stood on anti-fatigue mats.”
So if you are looking for a good quality affordable mat, make sure you check out Varidesk’s Anti-Fatigue Mat.