What do you do when it’s cold and snowy outside? Make banana bread!
- 1 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup no sugar applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 egg, 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, eggs, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Cookinglight.com
What do you bake on a cold, snowy afternoon?