Now, I’m not saying you can get a six pack in 1 week, but there are ways to make your tummy appear flatter for a special occasion you might have in the near future. Just follow these tips and you will be looking more slim and trim within a week.
1. Avoid Sodium – Processed foods tend to be high in sodium so limit the packaged products and concentrate on eating whole foods. Keep you sodium intake to 1500mg per day for the week.
2. Fill up on Fiber – Aim for 25 grams of fiber per day from fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Not only does fiber make you feel fuller, when it combines with the water in your digestive tract, it moves everything through your system more quickly.
3. Avoid Gassy Foods – Some foods, such as beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables can make you feel gassy and bloated, so limit your consumption until your event is over. Do not eliminate them from your diet permanently though for they are high in fiber and a great source of nutrients that your body needs.
4. Skip Carbonated Drinks – The “fizz” in carbonated drinks traps gas in your stomach, giving you a bloated feeling and appearance. Drink water flavored with lemon or cucumber, which acts as a natural diuretic.
5. Eat Smaller Meals- Instead of eating 3 big meals, aim for 4-6 smaller meals eaten throughout the day. Eating 3 big meals can stress your digestive system leading to a bloated stomach.