Feeling a little bloated after the holiday weekend? Here are a few tips to get you back on track.
1. Eat a healthy, but light, breakfast. Try a smoothie, some yogurt with fruit.
2. Stay away from salty and processed foods. They will make you retain fluids, making you even more bloated.
3. Limit produce that can cause gas, such as broccoli, cabbage, citrus fruits and onions.
4. Eliminate carbonated drinks; stick with water or unsweetened tea.
5. Eat foods high in water content such as watermelon.
6. Have some pineapple; it contains an enzyme that aids in the digestion of foods.
7. Include asparagus and cucumbers in your meals, which are natural diuretics.
8. Get your sweat on – even if you don’t feel like a full workout, choose a 20-minute workout from the fat loss program and work up a good sweat.
Follow these tips and you should be feeling like your old self again in a couple of days.